I recently was walking in town, and went past the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, which is the place where I had some of the very best times of my life. As I walked along the park, it brought back a striking feeling of nostalgia for the memories that I had there this past summer. Phish had played there for two nights, as well as the the Dave Mathews Band, which I also saw in mid July. All three shows were some of the best concerts of my life, and helped make my summer one that I will never forget.
I first went to the Dave Mathews Concert in mid July, and didn't really know what to expect, being that it was my first Dave show. I had heard many good things about it, but wasn't sure if it was going to be similar to the concerts that I'm used to, or a totally new experience. It ended up being the latter. The music was amazing, but it was the crowd that made it such a spectacular show. I was surrounded by my very close friends, and we ended up making a bunch of new friends there that I still keep in touch with today. Dancing and singing all night with people that I care about is really what made the experience worth while.
A month later, my brother and I were back at the Performing Arts Center to see the two Phish shows. It was a similar experience to the Dave Mathews show, since it was all about dancing, singing and being with people you love. But since Phish is my ultimate favorite band, it made it that much more special to me since I knew every lyric to every song and was with a larger group of my friends. I also got to talk to the bassist of the band, Mike Gordon, after the show, which was simply surreal for me. I realized that going to concerts is a passion of mine, and I will remember the good times it provided me every time I walk past the venue.
How did you get to talk to the bassist? I live right across the road from SPAC and can hear the bands from my front door. That's my favorite thing about where I live.
ReplyDelete